The 2011 Odyssey is 1.6 inches lower than the 2010 model and also features a wider track. The new lower body is now sleeker and more stylish (for a minivan) than the last generation. The new Odyssey will continue to be powered by Honda’s 3.5L V6, although final specs have not been released. According to Honda the Odyssey will get 19 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
Stay tuned for more details.
The all-new 2011 Honda Odyssey seeks to redefine the concept of the minivan with its aggressive stance and sporty “lightning-bolt” beltline. The lightning bolt not only provides an exclusive appearance, but also adds increased visibility for third-row passengers. New interior features add more convenience for families, while available entertainment technology introduces high-definition connectivity and split-screen viewing. Currently the best-selling minivan in the U.S., the all-new 2011 Honda Odyssey is set to go on sale this fall. Compared to the current Odyssey, the 2011 model’s lower roofline (-1.6 inches versus 2010 Odyssey EX) and wider track (+1.4 inches) contribute to a sleeker, stronger and more dynamic presence with improved aerodynamics that help increase fuel economy and also translate into more interior width.
– 3.5-liter i-VTEC™ V-6 engine with three-mode Variable Cylinder Management™
– Preliminary estimated fuel economy, Odyssey Touring Elite (City/Highway): 19/28 miles per gallon*
* Preliminary EPA mileage estimates determined by Honda. Final EPA mileage estimates not available at the time of printing. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
Features of the 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite model as shown in the June 17, 2010, reveal video:
(please reference the June 17 reveal video script @ hondanews.com for items not listed here)
– AM/FM/XM/CD Premium Audio System with 12 Speakers
– Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Activation
– Ultra-Wide Rear Entertainment System (RES) with split-screen capability
– External HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) input
– 150-watt AC power outlet
– Media tray with integrated beverage holder
– Removable 1st row center console with hidden storage
– New cool box in lower center stack (keeps items cool when vehicle is running)
– Leather-trimmed seating with heated front seats
– Memory-linked 10-way power driver’s seat
– LATCH child seat anchors in five seating positions, including three positions in the second row to accommodate three child seats simultaneously
– Two captain’s chairs in the second row provide adult comfort with center seat folded down
– One-strap stowable 3rd Row Magic Seat®
– Second- and third-row passenger window sunshades
– 15 beverage holders
– Trash bag ring
– HID front headlights
– 18-inch alloy wheels
– 12.6-inch ventilated front disc brakes
– Power side mirrors with integrated turn indicators
– Power tailgate